Orthodontic treatment is an excellent opportunity to improve the overall dental health for you or your child, and more importantly, financial considerations should not keep you from achieving your goals. Because we understand and realize that there are different financial situations and needs for each individual, we have created flexible payment options for your convenience.
- If payment is made in full at the beginning of treatment, we offer a fee discount. If you have insurance, we offer the discount on your portion of the fee that is not covered by insurance.
- We accept 3 major credit cards; Visa, MasterCard and Discover can be automatically charged to your account each month.
- We can set up a bank draft that can be automatically debited each month.
- Our signature option and most popular is a no down payment option with affordable monthly payments.
If you have insurance coverage for orthodontics, our insurance coordinator will be happy to assist you in determining the benefits available to you or your family member.
Important insurance information you should know:
- Your orthodontic insurance plan may have eligibility requirements such as age limits, waiting periods, pre-existing and non-duplicating clauses.
- If the insured changes employers or if the insurance coverage changes, benefits may also change or be terminated. If you happen to get new insurance, you may need to check on pre-existing clauses.
- Insurance plans offer different levels of benefits. Orthodontic benefits are not the same as dental benefits.
- Patients that have a secondary insurance policy must know if there is a non-duplicating clause. This means if your primary insurance pays more than your secondary insurance pays, then your secondary insurance will not pay.
- Usually there is a lifetime maximum benefit although some plans may renew yearly.
- Total orthodontic benefits are rarely paid in one payment. Partial payments are usually received throughout the course of treatment until the maximum benefit is paid.
- We will accept assignment of benefits from your insurance plan and receive payments on your behalf. If no assignment is made, we will file claims so that the insured will be reimbursed directly.
- Professional care is provided to you, our patient, and not the insurance company. Therefore, the insurance company is responsible to you and you are responsible to us, your orthodontist.
- If for any reason the estimated amount of your insurance is not paid, it does become your responsibility.
- We are participating providers for numerous insurance companies. These include but are not limited to Aetna PPO, Ameriplan, Ameritas, Assurant/DHA, BCBS, Careington POS, Cigna PPO, Connection/GEHA, Delta PPO, Delta Premier, DenteMax/.Access PPO, Guardian PPO, Humana PPO, MetLife PPO, Principal PPO, UCCI NFFS, and UHC/DB. We will file claims on your behalf as a courtesy to you. We will also file with any insurance that is out of our network or any insurance company that you may have.
- If you have any questions or concerns about your insurance and its benefits, please do not hesitate to call our insurance coordinator to assist you.